Cre8 Theatre have received support from NI CRC to deliver the pre-production stage and BCC and Ards and North Down Borough Council Good Relations to deliver the production stage of Pips Riverboat Adventure an interactive puppet performance for Key Stage1 age, where artists will facilitate an outreach package and then perform a live puppet performance within schools/homes/community settings across South Belfast. The outreach package will be delivered in person and the live performances will be delivered digitally on Zoom.
The project will see Cre8 creatively engage with the children and young people of South Belfast, primary 1-3, through:
- 2 in-person outreach workshops (CRC funded)
- A puppet making resource pack to use alongside the live performance.
- A live performance (BCC and Ards and North Down Borough Council Good Relations funded)
- A filmed performance from Cre8 artists addressing the theme of cultural diversity (CRC and Ards and North Down Borough Council Good Relations funded)
This identity-based project is aimed directly at children and young people in the South Belfast area. It’s a multicultural project which involves minority ethnic communities in creative activity.
Co-Producer will work with Cre8 Artistic Manager in the project management, design, and delivery elements of the entire project. Assisting in shaping the project, including (not limited to):
- Input at project planning meetings
- Recruitment (advertising posts, selecting, and interviewing)
- Training where required
- Liaising with schools (inc. ringing, emailing, and booking schools into the project/performances – stages 1 and 2)
- Workshop preparation
- Design of pre and post questionnaire materials
- Distribution and collection of questionnaire materials to and from participants
- Reporting where required
- Budget setting and management Invoicing and payment run(s)
- Petty cash management
- Distribution of materials amongst the team, including setting up and maintaining project Google Drive
- Total management of the project, adhering to deadlines
- Scheduling and timelining
- Prospecting and cold calling schools and booking schools in as per Cre8 system
- Management of the creative team
- Booking artists
- Reporting and monitoring
- Organising all elements of the run up to video shoot, staff included, and attending the video shoot.
This post will require some fluidity in its approach, postholder being responsive to changing deadlines and project form/requirements, etc.
Dates :The project will begin in October 2021, finalising 28th February 2022. Schedule of work will occur throughout these dates at time lined dates in line with target delivery dates. Therefore, this post will require some flexibility.
- Resource/material sourcing
- Collaborative approach to working style
- Taking lead and listening
- Sales approach where necessary
- Budget management
- Basic computer design skills
- Team ethic
Post holder will be required to use own telephone and equipment to administrate and design upon.
How to apply
– Your CV highlighting relevant skills and experience
– A letter of support detailing:
- Your interest in the post
- Your experience in the above post holder requirements
- Your most applicable relevant experience, including working collaboratively with and managing and project as well as a team of people
- Your experience working with children and young people (4-8 years)
- Any recent ACCESS NI checks (within last 3 years)
- Links to your work
To Sarah at email@example.com before 29th September 2021.
The Fee : This is a freelance post with a total fee £988, to include all resources, materials, travel, subs, etc.