Development and Administrative Assistant
Belfast, Northern Ireland
£480 per month (32hrs per month @£15 per hour)
Fixed term: Nov 21 – Mar 22
Amadan Ensemble is husband-and-wife team Jude Quinn and Gemma Mae Halligan, who have been creating edgy and physical theatre since 2013 predominately using the styles of clown and bouffon. Now a registered charity, we have been engaging their audiences with theatre that is visceral, entertaining, relevant and, at times, confrontational.
In the face of an incredibly difficult period for the performing arts, Amadan have continued to be active and true to our stated artistic vision of embracing risk. We’ve produced work online, engaged with mentors (SURGE and the David Glass Ensemble) and continued to run affordable training for local practitioners. Amadan also experimented with engaging new audiences, via The Santa You Deserve social media micro universe and merchandise. It’s been hard but being a Clown makes you resilient and eternally optimistic!
Amadan has been completely self-reliant and has only been in the receipt of funding since 2020. Having been awarded the Pathfinder Award from Belfast City Council, Amadan is now seeking to appoint a Development & Administrative Assistant (Nov 21 – Mar 22) to assist our team and have an important role in the future of the company and our development strategy. This is an opportunity to play a key role in growing our audiences and reach, building upon the dynamic and exciting work we have already achieved as well as securing Amadan’s place within the cultural cohort of a city brimming with creative potential. For more information about the Amadan please see http://www.amadanensemble.com
The main deliverables will be:
- You will work closely with our Creative Directors in order to assist with administrative tasks that serve to develop and grow Amadan.
- The tasks may vary depending on the activities of the company but will be related to programming and publicity e.g., compiling tour packs, managing applications to training courses, contacting venues etc.
- Implementation of our marketing plan, including maintaining and updating our current digital platforms (website & social media), and oversee our procedures for audience feedback and collation of numbers.
- ·Track record of working in an administrative/marketing role – if you have worked for an arts organisation, please tell us
- A proven ability in working to deadlines and managing your own schedule
- Excellent computer literacy including Word, Excel & Google docs as well as demonstrable knowledge of updating social media and websites.
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills and you will need to be able to work closely with our small dedicated team.
This position would suit:
- An energetic, creative and passionate person capable of using their initiative whilst working with a young arts organisation in order to further our growth and stability and who might want to try some Clowning.
We imagine this to be a flexible working pattern that will be agreed upon engagement and will allow for you to complete other freelance projects. You will be responsible for your own computer and office systems.
How To Apply:
Please submit your most recent CV and Cover Letter which outlines your experience to date, how this relates to the duties and person specification of this role and why you are interested in working with Amadan Ensemble to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 10 November 2021.
Interviews to take place Tuesday 16 November 2021.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We welcome applications from anyone and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion/belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.