Belfast, Northern Ireland
4hrs per month @£15 per hour
Freelance post: Starting in Jan 22
Amadan Ensemble is husband-and-wife team Jude Quinn and Gemma Mae Halligan, who have been creating edgy and physical theatre since 2013 predominately using the styles of clown and bouffon.
Now a registered charity, Amadan Ensemble have been engaging their audiences with theatre that is visceral, entertaining, relevant and, at times, confrontational. Amadan has been completely self-reliant and has only been in the receipt of funding since 2020.
Having been awarded the Pathfinder Award from Belfast City Council, Amadan is now seeking to appoint a bookkeeper. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual; the bookkeeper is a key position, responsible for managing the core finance functions of the organisation.
The primary role is the preparation and reporting of accurate and timely management accounts for the board of trustees. For more information about the Amadan, click here.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● To support and work closely with the Creative Directors to provide accurate, timely
and informative financial information.
Financial Management and Control
● Timely and accurate preparation of quarterly Management Accounts for Amadan
Ensemble and funders, as required:
o Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations
o Preparation and posting of necessary accounting adjustments including
prepayments, accruals and deferred income
o Preparation of management reports of actual against budget for presentation
to the Board of Trustees and Creative Directors
● Budget preparation and variance reporting
● Cash flow management, to ensure adequate working capital is available.
● Management of financial processes, recommending and implementing
● Management and preparation of Sales Invoicing and Credit Control.
● Supervision of Petty Cash
● Management, control and processing of fixed assets within the company including
additions and disposals
● Management of creditors payments and review of monthly supplier statement
● To be responsible for maintaining all mechanisms of financial control,
and ensuring adherence, by all staff, to the financial policies and
● to observe the strictest confidentiality at all times;
● to comply with policies and practices on health and safety, and equal opportunities;
● to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
1. Minimum of three years’ experience working independently as a bookkeeper.
2. Qualified Accounting Technician or part-qualified accountant or a minimum of 5
years’ experience will be accepted in lieu of a qualification.
3. Experience of preparing budgets and reporting budgets to funders
4. Experience in producing quarterly management accounts, and making the necessary
5. Experience of using computerised accounts.
6. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including intermediate or advanced Excel
1. Experience of management of a finance function
2. Experience of developing, implementing and managing policies and procedures
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following qualities
1. Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
3. A natural problem solver with the ability to multitask
4. The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
5. Natural aptitude for figures and attention to detail.
This position can be a remote position. However, attendance may be required at the
Amadan studio for resolution of queries or for attendance of board meetings which would
necessitate the bookkeeper to reside in the surrounding area.
Hourly rate £15
The position is a freelance post of 4 hours per month, due to the nature of this position
some degree of flexibility is required from the post holder to meet the demands of the
business. They would expect this position to start immediately upon signing of contract.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your CV by email along with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the essential and desirable criteria (if applicable) to Gemma Halligan at email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of CV’s and Cover Letters is 5pm 10th Jan 2022 Failure to complete and submit a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria will result in your application being disqualified. Canvassing will disqualify. Late applications will not be considered.
It is proposed that interviews for this post will be held on Friday 14th January 2022.