Belfast, Northern Ireland
Fixed term contract – November 2021 to March 2022
Amadan Ensemble is husband-and-wife team Jude Quinn and Gemma Mae Halligan, who have been creating edgy and physical theatre since 2013 predominately using the styles of clown and bouffon. Amadan formally constituted the company in Dec 2018 as a non-profit limited by guarantee company currently in the process of applying for registered charitable status. Since then, we have been engaging their audiences with theatre that is visceral, entertaining, relevant and, at times, confrontational.
In the face of an incredibly difficult period for the performing arts, Amadan have continued to be active and true to our stated artistic vision of embracing risk. We have experimented with producing work online, engaged with mentors (Alan Richardson from SURGE and the David Glass Ensemble) and continued to run affordable training for local practitioners. Amadan has also experimented with how to engage with potential new audiences, e.g. The Santa You Deserve social media micro universe and merchandise. It’s been hard but being a Clown makes you resilient and eternally optimistic!
Amadan has been completely self-reliant and has only been in the receipt of funding since 2020. Having been awarded the Pathfinder Award from Belfast City Council, Amadan is now seeking to appoint a Fundraising Consultant (fixed term contract) to work with us to maximise income from trusts & foundations, including relevant public sector funding.
This is an opportunity to build upon the dynamic and exciting work that Amadan has achieved thus far and help us secure our place within the cultural cohort of a city brimming with creative potential.
For more information about the Amadan please see http://www.amadanensemble.com
The main deliverables will be:
- Creation of a relevant and achievable fundraising plan that includes a Case for Support, a list of applicable funders/government grants (at least 10-15) and timeline
- Securing funds by implementing this fundraising plan until 31 Mar 22 with completion of at least 3 applications of over £5000 and the identification of at least 4 applications of up to £5000
- To work closely with the Creative Directors in order to assist with our plans to grow Amadan with a view to continuing our exciting artistic programme and achieving stability
- Through this activity we hope to begin relationships with trusts & foundations, plan for becoming a core funded client of Belfast City Council (capitalising on our Pathfinder Award) and look to develop new streams of fundraising in the current unsettled climate.
- Track record of working in fundraising
- Track record in securing 5-figure grants towards core costs and project delivery within any related sector – this should span trusts & foundations, public funding and any other relevant sources
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication, research and administrative skills to enable you to tailor approaches for a range of potential funders and an ability to work closely with our small dedicated team
- Experience of fundraising within the arts sector
- A self-motivated person capable of working with a young arts organisation
You will be responsible for how you manage this time but you must be prepared to work within agreed deadlines. This could be a remote position.
How To Apply:
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your most recent CV, Cover Letter (outlining how your experience relates to this role and why you are interested in working with Amadan Ensemble) and one reference from a former freelance job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 10 November 2021 with interviews taking place Monday 15 November 2021.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.