These new grants aim to help museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the Covid-19 crisis, and offer support to adapt and reimagine ways of working for the future.
This programme has been developed in response to their sector consultation which identified priority areas for support: Audiences, Collections, Digital and Workforce.
Responding to now
These grants can provide practical support to fund what you need now. This could relate to costs connected to re-opening, such as staffing, equipment or training, or planning for future activities. If your organisation is experiencing an immediate crisis with no alternative sources of funding, Art Fund can consider offering emergency support to help you manage during this difficult period.
Reimagining the next
Art Fund realise the situation is tough, but where it can, they hope their funding will provide opportunities for organisations to get creative with an idea that might help them adapt for the future. If you receive funding and it doesn’t work out the way you planned, that’s ok – daring to try something which might not work out quite as planned can provide valuable learning or help identify an alternative solution. As the landscape continues to change, Art Fund want their support to provide the flexibility organisations need to navigate the period ahead beyond reopening.
Are you eligible?
Art Fund are happy to receive applications from UK public museums, galleries, historic houses, libraries and archives that:
– ordinarily have spaces for the public to visit and experience the visual arts or other object-based collections. This could include natural history, maritime and transport, archaeology and social history.
– can demonstrate that you usually operate to best practice standards or have a good track record in delivering high quality public activity.
If you are an organisation that is a visual arts agency or festival, Arts Fund would be happy to hear from you providing you can meet the above and have a strong visual arts focus. Sadly, they can’t support theatre, music, dance or other art forms.
Art Fund exists to support museums and galleries whose primary purpose relates to objects and works of art. As a registered charity they can only pay grants to organisations who are registered for public interest, these include:
- Community Incorporated Organisations (CIO)
- Community Interest Companies (CIC)
- Charitable Community Benefit Societies
Unfortunately, the following organisations are ineligible to apply:
- Organisations that exist to make profit, including: Private Limited Companies, Public Limited Companies, Unlimited Companies, or Sole Traders
- General Partnerships, Limited Partnerships, or Limited Liability Partnerships
- Commercial organisations
- Artists’ groups
- Hospitals/healthcare settings
- Places of worship
- Organisations with a focus on music, drama, dance and art forms outside the visual arts
When to apply
There are three funding rounds for these grants:
– Round 1: Now closed
– Round 2: Now closed.
– Round 3: Apply by Monday 12 October 2020, and we’ll aim to get you a decision by 9 November 2020
Please submit by 5.30pm on the day of the relevant application deadline.
How to apply
For application forms and to submit your application, log in to My Art Fund, or create an account. You must be registered as a professional user.
If you already have a My Art Fund account but are not registered as a professional user, you can add your professional details when logged in.
If you require application forms in an alternative format, please contact the Programmes team.