Period of Employment: 3 year fixed term, full time contract (37.5hpw).
This post may be extended or made permanent subject to funding.
Salary: £19,305 per annum.
– 27 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
– 5% contribution to a Nest pension
– Personal Development Package included
Location: Arts Care Centre, The Arches Centre, 11-13 Bloomfield Avenue, Belfast, BT5 5AA.
Reports to: Arts Care Business Support Coordinator
This entry level post is funded by ‘Art Work’; an Employment and Skills Initiative for the Arts Sector, supported by the Department of Communities through Future Screens NI.
Arts Care’s aim is to enhance the quality of service users, staff and community’s experience within healthcare through participation in and access to quality Arts engagement.
The post holder will join our newly formed Business Support function. This department provides a range of administrative and logistical support for our transformative arts activities throughout Northern Ireland. This includes supporting our existing Artist-in-Residence Programme and our growing Project Artist Programme.
• Assist the Business Support team with daily office admin and logistical support for all our arts activity
• Maintain databases for quarterly monitoring and evaluation purposes for our funders/commissioners
• Support the management team with funding applications and income generation
• Assist the Business Support team with arts event and performance planning and organisation
• Take a lead role in promoting and marketing Arts Care Projects through our Project Artists, particularly through digital marketing and social media
• Assist with bookings and organising arts activity related to our Projects
• Support the team in gathering and organising content for Social Media platforms and our quarterly Arts Care Newsletter
• Invigilate Art Gallery space in the Arts Care Centre and assist with curation of Health and Social Care Trust Gallery spaces.
• Assist and support Arts Care contracted artists with obtaining and maintaining arts equipment and materials
• Support artists to facilitate workshops in the Arts Care Centre e.g use of Kiln, Printing Press, Recording Studio and Dance studio
• Promote and support the aims and objectives of Arts Care;
• Provide excellent customer service and treat those with whom you come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner;
• Demonstrate your commitment to Arts Care by your regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks;
• Comply with Arts Care’s No Smoking Policy;
• Undertake your duties in compliance with Health and Safety Policy;
• Adhere to Equal Opportunity Policy throughout the course of your employment;
• Ensure public confidence is maintained in the services provided by Arts Care through the effective and efficient performance of your duties.
• Hold a third level qualification relevant to the post
Must be able to demonstrate experience (by way of evidence and
• General administration skills
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills;
• Teamwork experience;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Packages
• Experience and aptitude in Social Media
• Hold a current driving licence (valid in the UK) and have access to a car.*
*This criterion will be waived in the case of an applicant with a disability which debars them from driving a car, but who is able to make suitable alternative arrangements which enables them to perform the full range of duties associated with the post.
• Experience of working in an Arts environment e.g. events planning, front of house, performances, exhibitions.
In the event of a large quantity of candidates, Arts Care will utilise desirable criteria for shortlisting.