Arts Council publishes key findings of survey on financial impact of Coronavirus on NI Arts sector.
- Financial impact on NI artists is ‘severe and immediate’
- average anticipated loss of earnings for NI artists over 3-month period (March-May) is £3,756
- average anticipated loss of earnings for NI arts organisations over 3-month period is £36,714
- total anticipated loss of earnings to NI arts organisations over 3-month period is £3.97 million
- immediate and direct impact on provision of all arts services. This includes arts-led community engagement work, placing at greater risk vulnerable groups in NI society, such as older people with dementia and young people with poor mental health and well-being, and potentially compromising important peace-building work.