Celebrating its Centenary this year, BMS uniquely provides world-class chamber music concerts and several other strands of musical provision, including the promotion of outstanding Northern Ireland musicians through their Northern Lights concerts series.
In relation to the post of Concerts Manager, they are looking for the following attributes and qualities:
- A proactive, energetic and visionary person with a strong interest in and knowledge of chamber music. He or she would need to help the BMS develop a new vision for the future, particularly through these difficult days of COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions. We are also interested in developing further partnerships with other arts organisations.
- They would need to feel comfortable dealing with and negotiating with artists and agencies of the highest international calibre and standing.
- They will have had extensive and practical experience of concert management.
- Working in collaboration with our Treasurer, they would possess considerable financial skills to handle a large grant budget and other associated sponsorship funds.
- Experience in fundraising and the ability to draft funding applications is essential.
- They would be considerably computer literate and be able to update, amend and develop all kinds of material on our website and other associated social media presence.
- They would be a team player and be willing to work with and to be accountable to a voluntary Board of Directors.
- A willingness to undertake Child Protection Training and/or any other training deemed desirable or essential by the Board.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Arts & Culture Sector in Northern Ireland.
- The willingness to adhere to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Commitment to the BMS’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out their responsibilities.
- To be a respected member of the community with good networks.
- The ability to work as a member of a team, a willingness to state personal convictions and, equally, to accept majority decisions graciously and be tolerant of the views of other people.
- A willingness to deal openly and courteously with staff, volunteers and colleague Board Members when either pleased or displeased about an issue or decision.
- A preparedness to offer personal and business skills and experience to support the work of colleagues when the need arises.
- A commitment to be well informed about the work of BMS.
- A willingness to act as a champion for the BMS.
- The ability to treat sensitive information discreetly and confidentially.
In return, BMS offer:
- A part-time position of 18 hours pw at £13ph, with a contract and, subject to performance, a regular annual increment.
- Large scope for operating and developing the vision and initiatives of the BMS on their own.
- An opportunity to work with a friendly Board team, who always try to support and be grateful for the work that our Concerts Manager carries out on their behalf.
For an informal conversation, please contact their Chair, John Harmar-Smith on m 07932 636932.
To apply, please ask for an application pack from:
John Harmar-Smith, 48 Dunclug Gardens, Ballymena BT43 6NN or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 7th May 2021.