Curator/Arts Programming Role: Reporting to the Board of Trustees.
Part-time *Freelance One Day/8hours hours per week £13/hour**.
This role is on a contract basis for 1 year.
*Applicants are understood to be registered self-employed.
**This role will be one day a week through the year with an additional 4 x 37.5 hour weeks per year to facilitate coordination and delivery of exhibitions/events.
Can you demonstrate curation of national and international visual art exhibitions?
Can you demonstrate a full working knowledge across all print processes?
Can you provide examples of published writing and knowledge of print in industry publications, exhibition reviews and/or social media content creation.
Do you hold a full working knowledge of exhibition planning, delivery and evaluation, and are you able to demonstrate recent examples of delivering such within publicly funded budgets.
Do you have experience in reporting to a board, or are you able to demonstrate a full understanding of board governance procedures that dictate the delivery of programmes within an arts organisation?
This role is part of a 3 person team BPW are appointing to work together to fulfil the needs of the members, participants and studio in achieving the goals of the annual BPW programme. The position requires exceptionally high skills in communication. The 3 person team will rely on each other very closely to identify, administrate and realise opportunities for the membership directly, and that of the wider BPW printmaking participants and audiences. An enjoyment of working in a close team as well as being an independent worker is of particular importance in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Exhibition Curation – This role is primarily focused on developing the membership inclusion in national and international exhibitions and print publication press. The post holder will work closely with all the members in helping them identify, apply for and fulfil exhibition of their work. The post holder will organise, manage and oversee the installation of individual and group shows.
- Programming & Workshops – The provision of workshops will be coordinated by the curator, fairly offering tutoring opportunities to members via a regular review of our in house tutor panel.
- Identify Funding Opportunities – The post holder will identify grants, funds and sponsorship opportunities suitable for the membership and work with the board and studio administrator to secure these. The position will involve seeking sponsorship partnerships and building a local network of artist based studio events.
- Editioning – The role will involve development of editioning opportunities and offering all opportunities to the membership. Coordination and delivery of secured opportunities will be expected.
- Social Media/Press Coordination – The post holder will programme a monthly social media/press programme, plan and curate content and rota members to guest edit all channels.
- Strategy Development – The curator will develop programming and studio timetables with curator, technician and board of trustees via twice yearly internal business planning workshops.
- Administration/Reporting – This role will require excellent administration/reporting skills.
- In-Studio Community Development – This role will require excellence in communication skill, the post holder will be required to develop close relationships with all members and provide both mentoring and technical knowledge in printmaking. The role will be challenging and the applicant must have the ability to work with a diverse range of ability, style and approaches to printmaking and shared studio working.
Contract Term: (*Expected) July 2020- July 2021
Contracts Advertised: May 18th – June 8 2020
Interview Period: June 15th – June 23rd 2020<
Appointments: June 30th 2020
*Due to Covid-19 a start date has not been allocated. It is envisaged the studio will reopen some time in Summer 2020 – this position will commence two weeks prior to reopening, dates to be confirmed.
Please forward recent C.V. including 2 referees, and a cover letter of 500 words highlighting your suitability for this contract to email@example.com.
Belfast Print Workshop
30-42 Waring Street,
Belfast, BT1 2ED
Tel: 028 9023 1323
Deadline: Monday 8th June