Brassneck General Manager
Responsible to: Brassneck’s Artistic Director and Brassneck Board of Directors
Working Hours:37hrs. per week, Monday to Friday, however the successful applicant must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required during the year, particularly during productions.
Location: 2 Hannahstown Hill, Belfast, BT17 OLT
Salary: £29,577 p.a. (NJC, S01, spinal point 25) – (This to be paid monthly by BACS)
Tax and National Insurance contributions will be deducted by the employer.
A 4% pension contribution will also be provided.
Commencing: November 2022
Contract: Fixed-term, full-time for 2 years.
There may be the potential for an extension of this term. A probationary period will also apply.
To maintain and develop the administrative, financial and marketing operations and to ensure the smooth day to day running of Brassneck Theatre Company.
Working alongside the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, the General Manager will oversee the strategic and business development of the company in line with its core aims, as well as lead on fundraising for the organisation and in tandem with the Artistic Director, deliver an annual programme from concept through to completion.
• Administrative and clerical duties including: Managing budgets, bookkeeping, filing, authorising payments, managing cash flow and budget forecasts, preparing board reports, HR functions, governance responsibilities and other associated duties as required.
• Oversee company communications, responding to telephone queries and dealing with routine online/email correspondence.
• Work with company accountant to produce accurate annual accounts
• Ensure that contract conditions with employees are fair and that contract agreements are adhered to by all parties
• Be responsible for ensuring that excellent relations are maintained between the company and all Trade Unions representing employees
• Assist with a range of marketing activities to support the annual programme including the production and distribution of publicity material, social media and website content and coordinating press and media coverage.
• Provide support to the Artistic Director in devising the company’s artistic programme
• Assist with the development and delivery of projects including diary management, scheduling, record keeping, note taking and data collection.
• Contribute to company fundraising activity, principally through documentation, preparation and submission of project evaluation reports.
• Develop and maintain databases of appropriate stakeholders in line with GDPR regulations, including audiences, media, industry contacts etc.
• Assist with key components of our touring programme, including booking accommodation, transport and travel
The responsibilities outlined above give a broad outline of the position, however these duties should be approached with flexibility. The team member will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and may be asked to undertake other duties suitable to their level of responsibility.
• Third level qualification plus one years’ experience in administration or equivalent job experience
• A minimum of three years’ experience in administration or equivalent job
• Excellent planning, project and administrative skills with attention to detail
• High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to contribute effectively to a small team and be self-motivated
• Proven ability to work to schedules and deadlines
• High level of computer and internet literacy to include Word, Excel etc.
• Enthusiasm and knowledge of the arts
• Experience of administration in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors
• Experience working with budgets
• Experience using Apple Mac systems
• Experience using social media in a work environment
• Full Clean Driving License
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proactive can-do attitude
• A solutions-oriented approach to problems
• Ability to manage own workload
How To Apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th October @ 5pm
It is anticipated that interviews for the post will take place at their offices in 2 Hannahstown Hill, Belfast, BT17 OLT in early November, with the post commencing on Monday, November 14th.
It is their policy to provide employment equality to all, irrespective of:
Marital or civil partnership status
Having or not having dependents
Religious belief or political opinion
*Funded through the Dormant Accounts Fund NI programme*