Location: Edinburgh, UKM, GB Belfast, UKM, GB Cardiff, UKM, GB London, UKM, GB Manchester, UKM, GB
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
They work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. They help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. They support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Their work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. British Council connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. They work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 British Council connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through their broadcasts and publications
Senior Marketing Manager, Arts
Pay Band – 8: £33,904 – £41,309 (If you work from the London office, you will also receive the London Market Allowance of £3,300 per annum).
Contract Type – Fixed Term Contract until April 2023.
Location – UK Only (Offices are: London, Cardiff, Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast).
Requirements – You must have the legal right to work in the UK at the time of application.
Closing Date – Applications will close on 24th April 2022 at 23:59 UK time.
This is a fixed term contract until next April/May 2023 and as Senior Marketing Manager, you will manage the planning and delivery of marketing activity for Cultural Engagement audiences in the relevant sector area.
The Senior Marketing Manager oversees and manages the delivery of all marketing campaigns for their sector area, dealing with multiple stakeholders including partners, donors and funders, planning and executing across all owned and paid for platforms and ensuring that each campaign is reviewed and measured for their effectiveness against planned objectives.
This role also supports the relevant Head of Marketing for their area in developing the overall marketing strategy, in-year plans, marketing proposals for contracts and programmes and brand or programme development and positioning.
Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact.Cultural Engagement brings together Arts, Education and Inclusive Communities, working together in a globally connected and sustainable way, sharing skills, knowledge and expertise to provide more joined up responses to key global challenges and increase our impact with audiences, partners and beneficiaries around the world.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Plans, delivers and evaluates the marketing strategy and activities for the relevant sector area, ensuring alignment to British Council marketing strategies.
- Manages the planning and execution of digital campaigns and alignment to global digital communications policies and standards, including ongoing channel management/ development.
- Directs appropriate market positioning, contract fulfilment, customer / audience segmentation, campaign management and digital channel management plans and approaches to ensure achievement of marketing objectives.
Consultancy, analysis and problem solving
- Applies advanced knowledge of marketing to solve a range of complex issues.
- Devises non-standard or bespoke analytical approaches to understand complex marketing issues and enable informed business-planning, decision-making and/or the development of new or improved policies and practice.
- Deploys a range of specialist methodologies and approaches relevant to marketing, to support the provision of high-quality services and advice.
Strategy and/or Planning
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the particular operational context, opportunities and challenges facing specific colleagues and areas, and of how those relate to wider issues across the organisation, to ensure the development of marketing plans is based on informed business insight and joined-up thinking.
- Identifies and makes recommendations to more senior managers for improvements to ways of working that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing as well as the operational effectiveness of internal customers.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Builds beneficial relationships with colleagues in Marketing, both in the UK and globally.
- Actively contributes to the Marketing Community of Practice.
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the core marketing budget for the relevant sector area, and for any special initiatives or projects.
- Conducts monthly and year-end reporting on income and expenditure, profitability and risk, and actively applies learning from this process to improve financial planning, management and performance.
Requirements of the role:
- Highly experienced in the design and delivery of marketing strategies to support programmes/ products
- Experience of running digital marketing campaigns, developing content marketing and effective evaluation
- Experience managing a team
- Experience of working in an Arts or Cultural Organisation.
The advert will close on 24th April 2022 at 23:59 UK time.
Interviews are likely to take place around the middle of May 2022.
They also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work part-time on a job-share basis.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.