When: January / April 2021
Deadline for applications: 30th Sept 2020
The Turin-based cultural hub officine CAOS is seeking emerging artists – from outside Italy and working in the fields of contemporary theatre and dance, performance or multimedia art – to present their work during their upcoming winter season, from January to April 2021.
They particularly wish to engage with cross-disciplinary and performance art works, lasting up to 40 min.
The offer includes the following:
- Performance space.
- Technical equipment and assistance.
- Accommodation (max 4 people; 2 twin rooms + kitchen).
- An overall reimbursement of 1100€.
- High profile publicity in print, online and elsewhere.
- Wednesday: arrival, accommodation.
- Thursday: setup and rehearsal.
- Friday: rehearsal and public presentation.
- Saturday: second public presentation.
- Sunday: departure.
Each week there will be two companies: a company from Italy and another from abroad. As there is only one theatre space, which is divided into two separate stage spaces by a backdrop, there will be two different time slots of around 3 hours each for the use of the stage during the day on Thursday and Friday. Public presentations will take place on Friday and Saturday at 21h for the company from Italy and at 22h for the company from abroad.