They are looking for a male performer for the RnD of ‘Us Against The World,’ a new show by Rosie Race. This is her first show as lead artist on a project supported by Arts Council England.
It will take place in Exeter and Plymouth over 13 days.
+ pre-arranged/paid for digs with a host family
£160 towards travel expenses.
Rosie’s work is poetic, absurd and darkly comic. She uses humour, physical theatre, clown and realism to explore difficult subjects. Instagram @rosierace
The applicant must:
- Have strong physical training
- Have a playing age between 32-40
- Be adept at moving between realism, clown and the highly theatrical
- Be comfortable with singing and vocal experimentation
- Be daring and playful with a sense of humour
- Be a skilled and confident improviser
- A sensitive and respectful collaborator
- Comfortable exploring the themes of the work
- Happy to reduce Covid risk in the 2 week run up to/ and during rehearsals and take regular LFT’s
The health and mental well being of the performer will always be a priority and great care will be taken when dealing with sensitive material.
‘Us Against the World’ will be an ambitious show that smashes distorted, normalised & even idealised beliefs that society teaches us about romance & love which can lead to abusive relationships, domestic violence & even death.
It is a story about the colossal strength it takes to break free from psychological domestic abuse.
The R&D will consist of exploring movement, writing, dramaturgy, story-telling, tech & song.
Application Deadline: Thursday 10th February 2022
Response: Tuesday 15th February 2022
Audition Date: Monday 28th February 2022
Project Dates Period: TBC 28th March – 13th April
Performances: 14/15/16th April
To apply send a CV, link to your work (video/insta/web) or previous work and a short expression of interest in a format that works for you (voice note/video/writing) to firstname.lastname@example.org.