Circusful are delighted to have received funding for a Trainee producer for the next three years.
This role is an amazing opportunity to learn all about producing in an established circus school as we enter an exciting phase in our development. The Trainee producer will work across our programmes as well as supporting the development of our artists, while learning about the practicalities of managing a venue and helping to manage digital communications and support innovative digital projects.
The successful candidate will develop a suite of skills and invaluable experience that will be transferable across the arts as well as developing relationships across the arts sector.
The Trainee Producer will focus on the following areas of work alongside other members of the Circusful team:
- Arts and artist development
- Youth and Adult Circus Programme
- Events, Festivals and Commissions
- Socially Engaged Practice
- Facilities and venue management
- Who this role reports to: Head of Programmes, Pathways and Participation
- Contract Term: Full time, permanent, subject to funding. Probationary period of 6 months applies. This role is funded for three years.
- Salary: This role will pay the Real Living Wage which is currently £9.90 per hour
- Pension: 5%
- Holidays: 26 days per annum and 11 public holidays pro rata and subject to review
- Location: Some time will need to be spent in our Circus School in Belfast. Some of your time can also be spent working remotely as needed/determined by the task.
Ready to apply? Send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 24 May 2021:
- A covering statement (no more than two sides of A4) that clearly evidences how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the criteria listed above.
- An up-to-date CV.
- Contact details for two referees who are current/previous employers and/or someone who has taught you at school, college or university. We may approach your referees before the process has concluded. If you’d rather we didn’t please note this on your application.
- Details of how much notice you are required to give your current employer, if relevant.
What about the interview format?
- We expect interviews to take place on/around 31 May – 3 June.
- We hope to be able to do face to face interviews in our premises on Gordon Street. Should this not be possible for any reason we will use Zoom.
- Let us know if you have any access requirements in order to participate fully in the interview.
- We may:
- ask applicants to do a presentation/undertake a seen/unseen task.
- involve the wider team in recruitment.
- opt to have a second round, if needed.
Do you have questions or want to know more?
Email Jenna (CEO) Jenna@BelfastCircus.org to arrange a time for an informal (confidential) chat.