RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive
PRINCIPAL PLACE OF WORK: Millennium Forum
HOURS OF WORK: 37 hours per week, Full time.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The post of Development & Creative Engagement Manager is a pivotal position within the Millennium Forums senior management team and is critical in underpinning our creative programme, future development & financial security.
They are seeking an individual who is not only inspired by ideas but who is primarily motivated to make them happen. You will lead and be responsible for all the fundraising, community arts learning & programming throughout our region & beyond. The Millennium Forum believes that everyone in our community regardless of their circumstances or background should be able to experience the magic of theatre be it as a participant or audience member. Your strong sense of initiative and integrity combined with a proactive and positive approach will ensure the success of this belief.
The Millennium Forum want to build on our highly popular programme of creative workshops run by professional practitioners and continue the successful community production programmes for which we have been lauded such as our Summer Youth Musical and Interact Festival.
You will initially lead a small team so you should be a great motivator and communicator, happy to work and manage a small team but ambitious about what can be achieved and how it can be grown.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Work with the Chief Executive to develop and implement an ambitious, realistic and challenging fundraising and creative development program to compliment the theatre’s future growth plans.
- Develop & manage relationships with grant making Trusts & Foundations, Arts Council, City Council, Government departments and others to build partnerships with funders and maximize income.
- Devise plan & cost new community programs of activity in partnership with project partners, community representatives and artistes.
- Research and identify potential sources of funding for new and existing engagement programs.
- Apply and administer funding applications from all those who support the Forum ensuring that all funding terms and conditions are met in a timely way in relation to the acknowledgment, reporting and evaluation of grants.
- Coordinate, monitor and oversee all Forum in House and Community production programs including the management of project budgets and maintenance of proper financial records.
- Provide support to other Departments both internal and external in the development and implementation of corporate events to ensure maximum engagement and income, as required.”
- Provide leadership and management to the team within your department as well as having responsibility to grow the team as projects and fundraising targets are met and income grows.
- Expand & develop on existing relationships with our supporters through the Forums various activities including our Applause Membership scheme.
- Develop the Forum’s presence in our community and promote projects, policies and activities
- Work creatively and collaboratively with other Departments within The Millennium Forum to actively contribute to making a difference to people with our community.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Chief Executive
Read the full Job Details and download the Application form here.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 4pm, Friday 14th January 2022