Community Engagement Artist
DU Dance are looking for somebody who has a passion for dance, the arts and connecting with communities. Someone who is comfortable leading a workshop in a school, youth or community centre, can engage with communities and network with stakeholders and partner organisations. Is this you?
DU Dance (NI) is seeking a Community Engagement Artist to join our small, lively and productive team.
- 2-year freelance starting January 2022.
- 2 days per week (or equivalent). Hours are flexible but agreed in advance.
Previous experience in community dance is essential and good interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
The Community Engagement Artist will be responsible for:
- developing links and increasing participant numbers from Northern Ireland’s most challenged communities.
- delivering dance taster workshops and talks in schools, youth and community centres.
- strategically increasing the profile of the company with new audiences and building relations with stakeholders.
They will work closely alongside the Artistic Director to deliver an annual programme in line with the company’s strategic plan.
- For a job description, person spec. and for more information on the company please visit www.dudanceni.com
- For information about the fee please email email@example.com
- If you would like to chat about the role, please call 07790 236 130
- To apply, please submit a CV with covering letter (no more than 2 A4 sides) indicating how your skills and experience meet the criteria and would enable you to fulfil the role
by 5pm on Friday 12th November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are scheduled week beginning 22nd November 2021 References will be obtained with expectation that the successful person will be notified by 6th December 2021