Millennium Forum are seeking a Business Development Officer to join their team.
Post: Business Development Officer
Department: Development Department
Reports to: Development and Creative Engagement Manager
The post-holder is Responsible to the Development and Creative Engagement Manager for maximising the Millennium Forum’s non trading income. The ideal person will play a substantial and responsible role in the planning, selling and servicing of sponsorship and advertising.
- Selling and servicing sponsorship, namely for principal partnership, building and event sponsorship, publicity materials and website.
- Develop and grow corporate group bookings to maximize income through group bookings and corporate entertaining.
- Digital and print advertising sales for the seasonal programmes, website and in-house digital screens.
- Establish and cultivate partnerships with local businesses, through meetings, networking and hosting events.
- Create and manage an individual giving / donations scheme
- Securing project funding from Trusts and Foundations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of an action plan to proactively sell the benefits of sponsorship and corporate hospitality to local and national organisations while managing and servicing existing sponsors.
- Develop sponsor contracts specific to each business that includes applicable sponsor benefits.
- Coordinate and oversee delivery of all sponsor benefits including advertising commitments, signage, tickets, corporate entertaining and community outreach and other activations.
- In conjunction with the Development and Creative Engagement Manager agree sponsorship, funding and corporate hospitality targets and develop appropriate sales campaigns to achieve those targets.
- To assist with the promotion and development of an individual donorship scheme.
- To Manage and grow business e-zines, and organise content including the management of businesses databases and lists.
- To design written content and work with designers to create, graphics, audio, video and for use on our digital / social media channels to promote sponsorship, donorships and advertising by working closely with Marketing Department.
- To be an advocate for the Millennium Forum in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- To develop and implement a strong corporate ticket sales programme which will ensure the Millennium Forum becomes and remains the premier venue for arts and entertainment.
- Event planning and co-ordination of sponsorship events and launches and also attend and host networking events to cultivate new business opportunities.
- To provide timely, accurate and appropriate statistics and reports relating to sponsorship, funding and corporate group bookings, to assist in management forecasts, planning and programming.
- Budget planning and financial management in relation to funded projects.
- Make applications to Trusts and Foundations for outreach and community projects, work closely with our Education Officer and Creative Engagement Manager to attach sponsorship to Millennium Forum educational and community events.
- To undertake such other relevant duties which will contribute to the purpose and function of this post as identified by the Development and Creative Engagement Manager
SPONSORSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
|Qualifications / Experience||
A minimum of two years employment experience in a B2B sales environment
And in all of the following areas:
· Project management / organisational skills
· Business to Business Sales
· Advertising, marketing and event management
· Client account management
· Creating and delivering persuading presentations
Consideration may also be given to candidates who do not possess the above qualifications but have a relevant level 3 qualification e.g. HNC or equivalent level of qualification
· Three years employment experience in all of the areas outlined above.
|Desirable||· Excellent working knowledge of sales and marketing
· Sound technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools to help promote business and advertising.
· Persuasive and influential negotiator
· Knowledge of making funding applications
· Driving License
|Some evening and weekend work will be required to fulfil the duties of this position.
Please note: The potholder should be aware that the responsibilities of the post may be subject to change as a result of various income generation schemes. The Millennium Forum therefore reserves the right to change the duties of the post by adding to or amending the range of responsibilities. The potholder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
|Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following competencies at interview.
1.1 Setting direction: Contributes to the development of a strategy and conveys a clear vision led by being innovative, ambitious and proactive.
2.1 Managing our own work: Plans, structures and prioritises own work to achieve optimum results.
2.3 Communicating with Impact: Presents a positive image by communicating effectively, being resilient a good negotiator and treating people fairly.
3.3 Meeting customer needs: Establishes the needs of customers and strives to ensure that these are met.
4.3 Achieving results: Takes personal responsibility for making things happen. Shows motivation and perseverance in overcoming obstacles and achieving results.
4.4 Continuously improving services: Seeks to continually improve the services and processes that impact on users.
We are committed to providing our employees with:
- A progressive, supportive working environment
- A range of family friendly policies
- Training opportunities
- Access to NILGOSC pension scheme
- Competitive salaries
- Occupational sick pay
- Complimentary tickets to selected Millennium Forum show and events
Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th April at 4pm.