Casual Hospitality Bar Staff
The Front of House Staff will be engaging with diverse theatre audiences while delivering an excellent customer experience in a safe way.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Welcome – to actively engage with customers to make them feel expected, welcome, important and comfortable, providing a customer experience excellence.
- Helpful – to observe, listen and react to the customer’s needs, making each experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- Accountable & Consistent – to take responsibility for the success of the customer’s experience and to deliver this experience consistently, playing an active role in the health, safety and security of the customers, staff members and theatre.
- Compliance – to comply with all licensing regulations.
- Revenue – to actively increase revenue through retail sales.
- Comply with the Millennium Forum’s high standards providing an excellent customer experience every time.
- Ensure the theatre remains clean, hygienic and is immaculately presented at all times.
- Conduct safety checks and security checks as instructed.
- Understand that customers have questions and be knowledgeable about the theatre, retail operation and current production in order to answer them.
- Proactively direct customers to the auditorium, toilets and bars. Re-seat customers as directed by the theatre box office.
- Proactively help customers in need of assistance. Resolve minor complaints or issues referring more serious matters to the duty manager.
- Conduct ticket checks. Help customers locate their seats. Seat latecomers quickly and discreetly at the times prescribed.
- Together with the Duty Manager & Box Office, resolve any seating issues to ensure no customer’s visit to the theatre is unduly disrupted.
- Monitor the auditorium during the performance ensuring the audience members are safe, and all customer interactions are positive, conscientious and that all Millennium Forum Customer Policies are adhered to.
- To assist customers who have had an accident or who become unwell; seeking the assistance of trained first aiders.
Health and Safety
- Participate in all required safety and security training and drills.
- Participate in and comply with arrangements laid out in the Millennium Forum’s Health and Safety Policy and other related statements, risk assessments and polices.
- Participate in and comply with arrangements laid out in the Theatre’s Fire Risk Assessment and Evacuation Plans including training and rehearsal drills.
- Participate in and comply with arrangements laid out in the Company’s Employee Handbook
- Participate in the theatre’s cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Adhere to all Covid 19 related procedures.
Retail Programme – BAR
Prepare bar and retail point of sale positions in line with hygiene and merchandising standards.
- Proactively sell retail products to customers, with the goal of improving the customer’s experience.
- Make customers aware of any current promotions at the time of sale.
- Record all sales transactions in the designated electrical point of sale (till) system.
- Prepare any pre-ordered items or drinks purchased via an app, website or similar.
- Be fully knowledgeable about the entire range of products on sale, including individual portions in cocktails or specific allergen causing ingredients.
- Ensure that service areas, equipment, cellars and stock rooms are clean and hygienically sanitised.
- Participate in all stock control processes; stock rotation, stock counting, stock deliveries, stock transfers, and stock to sales reconciliation.
- Provide reasonable adjustments for access patrons as instructed by the duty manager, including operating any access equipment.
- Assist Theatre Management with any functions, events, VIPs etc. as and when necessary.
- Assist in the on-going training of new members of staff.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required as directed by the duty manager.
- Comply with the Company’s dress code.
- Actively work to reduce waste through environmentally conscious working practices.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures outlined in the staff handbook and employment contract.
- The Company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application form and Personal Specification.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 14TH March 2022 4pm.