Millennium Forum are hiring a Senior Technician for a full-time, permanent role.
Post: Senior Technician (lighting)
Department: Technical Department
Reports to: Technical Manager
The post-holder is Responsible to the Technical Manager for achieving with the back stage team, the technical requirements necessary for all productions in a safe, timely and professional manner. The ideal person will work as part of the Technical Department and support the delivery and management of the technical aspects of all productions and related projects, to the highest possible standards.
Evening and weekend work will be required to fulfil the duties of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the Technical Manager in the effective planning and management of all technical operations.
- To actively contribute to the effective operation of the Technical Department’s work
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager to assist in the recruitment and management of stage technicians, casual stage crew and show operators.
- To personally and with other staff ensure compliance with all Health & Safety procedures and statutory regulations.
- To participate in department administrative and HR systems as required.
- To take an active role in the maintenance of the theatre’s technical equipment and infrastructure.
- To deputise for the Technical Manager in periods of absence or as required.
- To take lead responsibility for the delivery of technical elements of productions as required.
- To create lighting designs for in-house productions and related projects.
- To program lighting desks in all spaces where required.
- To operate lighting and sound desks in all spaces as requested.
- Provide show cover, as required for lighting, sound disciplines and stage.
- Keep up to date with current lighting technology, and to remain current with industry best practice.
- To be responsible for managing the lighting stock and maintenance budgets, in liaison with the Technical, as required.
- To be familiar with and be responsible for acting within the Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies of the Millennium Forum.
- To provide the highest level of customer and audience care and service at all times whilst a member of the Millennium Forum staff team.
- Any other reasonable duties required to assist the Technical Department or the Millennium Forum operation as a whole.
Senior Lighting Technician – PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Qualifications / Experience||Demonstrable experience of working in a professional theatre, and an understanding of modern theatre production techniques.
Experience in the operation and maintenance of theatrical lighting equipment and infrastructure.
Candidates must have:
· A good working knowledge of lighting consoles, networks and intelligent lighting.
· Good programming skills on lighting consoles, including experience of programming consoles for large-scale productions.
· A working knowledge of theatre lighting, including rigging, focusing and application of luminaires.
· At ease with and experience of working at height including harness work.
· A working knowledge of digital sound desks and connected equipment and their operation.
· Leadership skills and the ability to manage a team.
· Ability to be creative and resourceful in problem solving.
· Ability to work well within a small dedicated production team.
· Ability to remain calm, positive and professional when working under pressure.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Computer literate on MS Office applications.
· Enthusiasm for and an interest in theatre.
· First Aid training
· Health and safety knowledge as related to theatre.
|Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following competencies at interview.
1 Managing our own work: Plans, structures and prioritises own work to achieve optimum results.
2 Communicating with Impact: Presents a positive image by communicating effectively, being resilient a good negotiator and treating people fairly.
3 Meeting customer needs: Establishes the needs of customers and incoming productions strives to ensure that these are met.
4 Achieving results: Takes personal responsibility for making things happen. Shows motivation and perseverance in overcoming obstacles and achieving results.
Millennium Forum are committed to providing our employees with:
- A progressive, supportive working environment
- A range of family friendly policies
- Training opportunities
- Access to NILGOSC pension scheme
- Competitive salaries
- Occupational sick pay
- Complimentary tickets to selected Millennium Forum show and events
Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th April at 4pm.