Full Time Permanent
Closing date: 21 Oct 2022
Salary: £25,463 per annum
Contract: Permanent Annualised Hours – this involves working a set number of hours over the year, rather than per week. Longer hours may be worked over our busy high season months, and less hours may be worked during our slightly quieter low season months.
Hours: 1950 hours per year (must be fully flexible to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts)
- Working for an award-winning organisation that values creativity
- Getting to know the MAC’ tickets – your path to becoming an insider
- 35% staff discount in our café bar
- Membership of Inspire employee assistance programme
- Employer pension contributions
- Free Flu jab
Main Purpose of Job:
The Operations Team Leader (OTL) has responsibility for the delivery of 3 key elements of the MAC’s customer facing operations: Café Bar, Corporate Hospitality and Front of House for Live and Visual Arts Events. Reporting to the Visitor Service Team Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day managing of the MAC building and the activities occurring within it.
The successful applicant will be personable and enthusiastic, with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with confidence and skill. You will be responsible for ensuring that customers and visitors to the MAC receive outstanding service and quality. Excellent communication skills are crucial, along with a rigorous attention to detail. Also, you will need to effectively manage the competing demands within this busy multi-use venue.
You will be passionate about the MAC and will enthusiastically embrace all elements of its unique organisational culture. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customers and visitors to the MAC receive the highest standard of service and quality, and that events run smoothly from start to finish. You will ensure the highest possible standards of safety, stewarding, sales and service to MAC visitors, from the welcome on arrival to the farewell on departure.
You will be responsible for handling facility/venue related queries and ensuring that performances can commence, resume, and conclude in an organised, timely manner. You will be able to work flexibly across the galleries, theatres, Café/Bar, events, and workshops, ensuring a consistent high level of service to all areas.
You will be expected to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts subject to performance schedule. You will manage all frontline staff delivering hires and event catering, café/bar, ushering, distributing programs, coat check, wayfinding, general information, welcoming groups, gallery invigilation, retail sales, and other duties as assigned.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade C or above;
- 2 years’ experience of working within a customer-facing environment including directly dealing with members of the public. E.g. Bar, Restaurant, hotels, retail, cinema, theatres;
- 1 year of experience supervising and directing staff in a customer-facing environment, e.g. bar, restaurant, hotels, retail, cinemas, theatres;
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers and members of the public;
- Experience of providing a smooth efficient service to a range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Experience of, and interest in, theatre and arts;
- Experience of working in a high-quality hospitality environment/corporate event;
- Sales experience to include handling cash and proactively selling to customers.
Please read the information in the job description and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments in Word or PDF format only (we cannot accept links to online CVs, profiles, document downloads or psd files etc):
- Your CV, no more than 2 A4 pages long, including your name, home address, email, and contact number
- A cover letter, no more than 500 words long, outlining why you’re a suitable candidate for the Operations Team Leader role based on the criteria in the job description. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer.
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Friday 21 October 2022 and should be emailed to email@example.com or alternatively post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
Interviews for this post will take place W/C 24 October 2022. Please note that the MAC are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you have not heard from us by 28 October 2022, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Unfortunately, they cannot accept any applications from candidates who have applied for this role in the last six months.
The MAC are an Equal Opportunities Employer and particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, people with health conditions or impairments, LGBTQI+ and other candidates who are under-represented across the workforce.