Crying Out Loud are looking for three Belfast based artists with a strong knowledge of circus and street dance to take part in an international hip hop/circus production.
Blame Game is a new production by street dance and circus company Kundle Cru – a collaborative company led by Mateusz Szczerek and Alessio Motta with Dutch juggler Liza van Brakel, Ugandan Krump dancer Timothy Kakeeto and UK house dancer Jack Bain.
Kundle Cru want to acknowledge individual and collective development through the diversity of its members. “We strive to cross barriers of movement, further our understanding of circus and dance language in social, political and personal aspects of everyday life and to reflect on the time we live in”. This show is being created in partnership with Crying Out Loud, Rua Red (Dublin) and Belfast International Arts Festival.
Kundle Cru has been developing Blame Game across residencies throughout 2019-2020. They will be asking you to join the rehearsal process collaboratively through workshops and rehearsals led by Mateusz Szczerek, Alessio Motta and director Manu Debuck.
The performance will be outdoors and 30-35 minutes in length.
The artists that we are now calling for will enter later in the process, to participate and perform in six shows at Belfast International Arts Festival in October 2020
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Local Northern Irish artists with experience in portable circus skills such as:
- acrobatics, Cyr wheel, Chinese pole, teeterboard, juggling etc.
- and/or interest and experience in street styles or B-boying
- Artists will have a strong sense of rhythm & musical interpretation
- You must have experience of working as a team, we are looking for natural collaborators
- We encourage and welcome women, artists with non-binary gender identity and artists from any background or ethnicity to apply
- 11 October 2020 travel to Dublin
- 12 – 17 October for rehearsals at Rua Red, Dublin
- 19 – 23 October for rehearsals in Belfast
- 24 & 25 October performances, Belfast International Arts Festival
We are making all arrangements to be Covid secure and will be asking you to create a ‘social bubble’ together. We will provide guidelines and notes on personal responsibilities to keep within the regulations and tests will be provided at the beginning of process.
THIS IS A PAID OPPORTUNITY
Artists will be paid £1,210 (£605 per week) for this opportunity plus per diems at £26 for each day working away from home in Dublin, travel between Belfast and Dublin and accommodation for rehearsal week in Dublin.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your professional CV and links to online videos that show your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 18 September 2020. We would like to see videos of you performing your circus skills and a video which displays your dance & movement.