Salary: £28,000 per annum (plus 3% pension contribution)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Working for an award-winning organisation that values creativity
- Getting to know the MAC’ tickets – your path to becoming an insider
- 35% staff discount in our café bar
- Membership of Inspire employee assistance programme
- Employer pension contributions
- Free Flu jab
Main Purpose of Job:
We are seeking an experienced individual familiar with co-designing, devising, and delivering a Creative Learning Programme (CLP) inspired by a range of multi-disciplinary artforms alongside the Creative Learning and Engagement Manager. The Creative Learning Officer position is a new role within the MAC and will advance the strategic aim to embed engagement and participation at the heart of the organisation.
The Creative Learning Officer will develop existing programmes such as early years, children and family activity, our volunteer programme, and will support the Creative Learning and Engagement Manager in the delivery of our university partnerships, and our social justice programme called MACtivate.
Reporting directly to the Creative Learning and Engagement Manager, the Creative Learning Officer will work collaboratively across all departments and with the programming team in particular.
The successful candidate will have a track record in developing and delivering high quality and inspiring creative learning programmes in a venue, company, educational setting, community or festival environment. They will demonstrate the ability to use available resources to play a key role in designing and delivering a programme of complementary activity which builds on the MAC’s reputation nationally and internationally. The Creative Learning Officer will be passionate about supporting the MAC’s artistic vision through a commitment to excellence, creativity, and collaboration to enthuse and inspire our audiences and stakeholders.
- Third level qualification or 2 years’ relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in designing and implementing Creative Learning programmes
- Experience of working with young people, community centres, schools, indigenous and new ethnic groups and with other youth sector settings
- Experience of successful fundraising and budgetary management
- Experience of working within cross art form environment
- Experience of implementing organisational strategies
Thank you for your interest in this role. For further details please download an application pack from the careers section of the MAC website.
Please read the information in the job description and send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments in Word or PDF format only (we cannot accept links to online CVs, profiles, document downloads or psd files etc):
- Your CV, no more than 2 A4 pages long, including your name, home address, email, and contact number
- A cover letter, no more than 500 words long, outlining why you’re a suitable candidate for the Creative Learning Officer role based on the criteria in the job description. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer.
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Tuesday 22 November 2022 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
Interviews for this post will take place on 23 & 24 November 2022. Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you have not heard from us by 28 November 2022, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, people with health conditions or impairments, LGBTQI+ and other candidates who are under-represented across the workforce.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Tuesday 22 November 2022