We are looking for a Communication and Engagement Officer to help engage with and support members and stakeholders in the sector!
The person will be responsible for encouraging individual practitioners, organisations and venues operating mainly in the arts sector to engage with Theatre and Dance NI. We are seeking to ensure that members and stakeholders are targeted in alignment with our communications strategy. The Communication and Engagement Officer should also ensure that new and existing members are aware of all Theatre and Dance NI’s services/support we can offer and encourage their engagement with the organisation and its services, particularly the Membership Assistance Programme and Freelancers Directory.
The post offers the successful individual the opportunity to work within a small but dynamic organisation and to gain new skills. The Communications and Engagement officer will be supported by the Executive Director and will work closely with the Project Development Officer, Deputy Director and Finance Officer
- Our members include freelance artists, venues, theatres, dance companies, producers and arts centres across NI.
- TDNI manages a range of functions including member development and engagement, training and events, and advocacy campaigns and events.
- TDNI are a committed organisation and will encourage learning in marketing and communications and generic business skills.
- We will provide relevant training opportunities.
The position requires a person with energy, flexibility, initiative and self- motivation, someone who is a team player and someone who can promote the services, values and aims of Theatre and Dance NI to a broad group of individuals and organisations across Northern Ireland. The post holder will be expected to have innovative ideas for delivering on communications and engagement.
This section outlines the experience, knowledge, skills and attributes we require for this role. We will use these criteria to shortlist applicants for interview. Theatre and Dance NI seeks the optimum candidate who can best meet all Essential skills and most closely demonstrate the Desirable skills.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A minimum of 3 A levels (above grade C) or equivalent.
- Identify and build on connections and ideas.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Be personable, engaging, and able to work with people from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Be a team player and work collaboratively in a way that is open, inclusive, and respectful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Some familiarity with, and eager to learn more about, the theatre and dance sector in Northern Ireland, the UK, Ireland & beyond.
- Experience of working within the Arts & Cultural Sector in any capacity.
- Ability to work flexibly when required.
- Access to a car for work purposes and a full driving licence.
- Familiarity with running online conference platforms, such as Zoom.
- Familiarity with relevant software to include MailChimp, Eventbrite and social media platforms.
- Experience of organising events.
Submitting your application
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12.00pm Wednesday 1st June 2022.
An electronically completed Application Form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line, please include the following “Recruitment – Communication and Engagement Officer’. You will receive an acknowledgement on receipt.
The method of application is by application form only. Additional CVs will not be considered.
Incomplete application forms will result in your application being disqualified.
If you are shortlisted, interviews will be held on Thursday 9th June 2022, and you will be contacted with further details.
We want to make sure that there is equality of opportunity in all our recruitment. Interviews will be in person. If there are any barriers to you taking part in an interview in this way, please let us know below. We will make any reasonable adjustments to allow us to fulfil your needs.
EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is Theatre and Dance NI’s intention to ensure equal opportunity for all job applicants and to eradicate direct or indirect discrimination so that no person shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of: sex; marital status; religious belief; political opinion; disability; ethnic origins; sexual orientation; age or Trade Union membership. No person shall be disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements that are neither justified nor required for the job. All recruitment, promotion and training opportunities will be based on merit as measured by qualifications, experience, ability, personal attributes and job performance.
Theatre and Dance NI is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Full Job Application and Specification Below: