Thrive are looking for their next CEO, to lead the organisation into its next stage of development.
Thrive has been a vital and essential organisation in its support of the arts, culture and heritage sectors. Their change programme is realising real benefits for the sector and thrive’s track record is a strong one in terms of delivery, credibility and impact. But they want to do more.
Some of the key areas the CEO will lead on include:
- Strategy and planning
- Organisational leadership and management
- External representation and strategic communications
- Financial sustainability
- Business development
Who are they looking for?
The experience, knowledge, skills and attributes thrive require for their next CEO consist of the following. They appreciate not all applicants may fulfil all criteria and will take this into account at the shortlisting stage.
- A proven track record in senior management, reporting to a board or working at a senior level for at least three years.
- Experience of setting and implementing strategy to achieve organisational aims.
- Experience of financial management including budget setting, applying financial controls and procedures, maximising resources and using financial information to inform decisions.
- A strong track record in leading teams to deliver organisational aims.
- Experience of successfully developing and delivering complex operational plans.
- Track record in building strong external relationships to further organisational aims.
- Experience of monitoring performance against strategic and operational plans.
- Ability to generate income from diverse sources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Northern Ireland cultural sector.
- Understanding of the principles of audience development.
- Understanding of the principles and practice of good governance.
Thrive particularly encourage applications from people who identify from ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, d/Deaf, disabled, neuro-diverse, have long-term health condition/s or are from a lower socio-economic background, as people from these groups are currently underrepresented in the cultural sector.
How to apply
Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org 3pm on Wednesday 24 March 2021.
If you have any questions relating to the CEO position, thrive’s current CEO Margaret Henry is happy to talk to any prospective candidate in confidence about thrive and the role of CEO. Margaret’s email is email@example.com.