ARTCRY aims to encourage artists to create bold political work, with fast-turnaround funding to enable fast action.
– The work is time-critical
The reason that ARTCRY exists is to encourage artists to make work which responds to social/political events happening now by giving a decision on applications within seven days.
Any work funded by us must require an immediate start in order to make it’s point.
– All work must happen for free in public space.
We are looking to support artistic interventions in public space. Where and how you choose to put your work on needs to clearly connect with the people you want it to reach.
We value work which…
- Starts a conversation
- Can startle people with a new point of view
- Makes audiences think more deeply
- Strives to make an impact
- Respects difference
- Has a spirit of openness and accessibility at its core.
- Is representative