Our Member Assistance Programme (MAP) is available exclusively to members of Theatre & Dance NI and provides professional support for mental health and general wellbeing. Everyone experiences professional and personal issues at some stage of their lives and working as a freelancer, or in the theatre and dance industry in particular, has its own stresses and pressures.
At TDNI we understand how important it is to maintain general health and wellbeing both inside and outside the workplace, which is why we’re committed to supporting our members in this way. Whether you’re worried about money, feel stressed-out or are struggling with anything else which is affecting your work or home life, we have support here, should you need it.
Our MAP offers a range of resources to members. We encourage you to access these at any time, as they can help to support your ongoing general wellbeing, as well as helping you at specific times of crisis.
- Professional counselling service with Spectrum Life: Whether you’re struggling with stress, anxiety, financial worries, relationship problems or anything else, TDNI members can access help through our MAP portal 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Spectrum Life are specialists in supporting mental health and wellbeing in the workplace and their confidential counselling service can be accessed at any time. You can speak with one of their licensed counsellors via the phone (which includes a call-back service), or if necessary, in six face-to-face sessions. You can also contact them through the online chat function in the MAP portal on the Spectrum app.
- Wellness app: The Wellbeing App, provided by Spectrum Life, is free to download and has lots of great content related to mental health, as well as things like nutrition and exercise. To download the app for IOS, click here. To download the app for Android, click here.
- Monthly Mental Health and Wellbeing Coffee Mornings: These are run in partnership with Equity and can take a variety of forms. For example, so far, during 2020/21 we’ve hosted Creative Writing with Jo Egan, Yoga Practice with Annie Ryan and Creating Artwork with Post Pieces. You can find out more about our coffee mornings and sign up to them through our Clash Diary and our social media channels.
To access the Member Assistance Programme you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an individual member of Theatre and Dance NI under Band A.
- Be currently employed by an independent theatre company which is a member of Theatre and Dance NI. This is applicable to members falling under Bands B, C and D of Theatre and Dance NI membership.
- If you are an employee of a larger organisation (that would fall within Band E of Theatre and Dance NI’s membership) you can access the service by signing up as an individual member.
For more information on how to access the click here: MAP Access Instructions
To become a Member of TDNI click here: Become a Member