The Arts Council has designed this programme to enable organisations to purchase equipment and/or carry out minor works to their premises which will address any health and safety issues or has been an outstanding maintenance issue which has rendered the space not fit for purpose.
We want to support organisations across Northern Ireland to maintain their creative spaces addressing any issues that may hinder the work to take place. We want to ensure that organisations have proper measures in place to welcome their staff, artists and audiences. We also want to support organisations in their delivery of the arts in new and creative alternatives.
Particular priority will be given to equipment and minor works which:
- improves the accessibility of the arts;
- continues the safe practice for continued accessibility of the arts;
improves the environment for the arts sector;
- and enhances or broadens the audience/participants’ experience.
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations and, in particular, from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, please note the following:
- You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation (for example, community groups may apply to the scheme), however, the purpose of the requested equipment and / or minor works must be clearly focussed on the arts.
- Local authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
- Registered charities and other fully constituted organisations which cannot distribute a profit are eligible to apply.
- Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the equipment and/or minor works is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
- If your organisation has a limited membership you must show that the equipment and / or minor works will benefit the wider public.
- Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects may apply.
Who Cannot Apply?
- Individuals or sole traders
- Broadcasters (excluding community service broadcasters)
- Central Government Departments
- Bands seeking musical instruments (the Arts Council has a separate Musical Instruments for Bands programme.)
- Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Organisations who are in breach of the terms of previous ACNI grant awards.