Circostrada Network announces launch of Bounce – a new mentoring programme for contemporary circus and outdoor arts workers.
Do you wish to develop a project but need guidance and advice to complete it properly?This is a paid opportunity for artists working in the field of contemporary circus or outdoor arts.
Bounce is a mentoring programme dedicated to providing tools, connections, knowledge and resources to the next generation of contemporary circus and outdoor arts workers. It proposes skills for future steps, giving a space for participants to explore creative, relational, and economic potential in an international context and deepen their reflection on their working environment through the prism of Circostrada’s annual red threads.
The programmes includes:
- A 16-hour development programme with a facilitator from Circostrada members and external experts.
- Participation in a kick-off event just before the Fresh international seminar in France (18-22 September, 2023) in order to meet the other participants and facilitators (including travel, per diems, and accommodation).
- 3 workshops (1 online and 2 on-site) guided by experts and connected to Circostrada’s annual red thread. Participants will reflect on this topic with researchers, thinkers, and workers focused on projects and actions around fairness, equity, equality, inclusion, diversity and/or accessibility.
- A 250€ budget for a mobility grant for an in-person meeting with your facilitator or a fee for an external expert of your choice to advise you on your project.
- A meeting with last year’s Bounce programme participants.
- Participation in the Circostrada General Meeting in Rastatt, Germany (28 May – 2 June 2024) for the Tête-à-tête festival (including travel, per diems, and accommodation).
- An alumni platform where participants can exchange and create a long-lasting community, including last year’s participants and facilitators.
Deadline: 18 June 2023