This fund is now open for applications and aims to increase accessibility to and participation in arts, culture, and certain leisure activities, by people with disabilities.
Examples of projects this fund has previously supported: fully accessible swings in play parks; doors and lifts to accommodate people with mobility issues and changing spaces in cultural venues, signage to assist people with visual impairments at City Hall and equipment to provide theatrical experiences for children with complex needs.
Please note the following:
- This funding is only eligible for capital expenditure incurred from the date of letter of offer.
- This year, the maximum grant available for each project is £30,000.
- Applicants must contribute 10% of project costs. To receive a £30,000 grant therefore applicants must provide at least £3,000.
- Applications are particularly welcomed for Changing Places facilities, accessible equipment for play parks and projects that will impact positively on sustainability and climate change.
- Applications will not be accepted to part fund new build projects which have already commenced. All proposed projects must be new and standalone.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate evidence of need for their proposal.
To request an application form and guidance notes please email email@example.com.
Applications for funding must be made on the application form and received by Belfast City Council via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 15th September.