Grants are available for small to medium UK based registered charities to support disadvantaged people in the UK, Africa or Central and South America.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
- £ 5,000
Objectives of Fund
The aim of this fund is to support smaller charities who are working in the areas of social inclusion, education, the arts, equality and diversity, and religious understanding. The fund will enable charities to run projects and initiatives that build hope and enrichment of life for people who have been disadvantaged for whatever reason.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
A total of 44 grants were made last year, with a combined value of £163,000.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from UK registered charities.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an income of less than £2 million.
- Be seeking funding for work based within the UK, Africa or Central and South America.
Priority will be given to charities with an income of less than £1 million.
The Trustees ‘strongly encourage’ applicants whose work falls outside of the London area.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Charities that are not registered in the UK.
- Charities with an annual income of more than £2 million.
- Charities dedicated to issues deemed by the Trustees to be already well funded within the UK.
- Charities that carry out work that is the statutory responsibility of the UK government.
The funding is for projects that fulfil at least one of the following goals:
- Encouraging social inclusion.
- Advancing education.
- Developing the arts.
- Advancing equality and diversity by creating opportunities for women.
- Promoting religious understanding.
The funding can be used for the following:
- Purchasing equipment.
- Provision of activities, such as music or arts sessions.
- Training costs.
- Educational costs.
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for consideration at trustee meetings throughout the year. Notification of decisions is usually within one month of the trustee meeting.
There are three application deadlines per year.
The next deadlines for applications are:
- 31 December 2021 to be considered in February 2022.
- 30 April 2022 to be considered in June 2022.
- 31 August 2022 to be considered in October 2022.
Applications received within six weeks of a trustee meeting will be considered at the following meeting.
All applications must be made through the Didymus website. Applications made via email or post will not be accepted.