Grants are available for young people (aged 14 to 25 years) in the UK to deliver a creative project that celebrates UK native plants and fungi in exciting and engaging ways.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
- £ 500
Objectives of Fund
Grow Wild Youth Project funding is a youth-led process for people aged 14-25 to deliver a creative project that celebrates and shares why UK native plants and/or fungi are so special.
Grants of £500 are available.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from young people aged 14 to 25 years old who live in the UK.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a great project idea.
- Find a supporting organisation, such as a school, university, youth club or a local community group, to help them deliver the project.
Supporting organisations must be:
- An established and relevant organisation that is charitable in purpose or not-for-profit. In particular:
- Voluntary, youth or community group.
- Education body (excluding primary schools)
- Arts charity
- Local Authority or other council body
- Health Authority
- Able to provide a member of staff or volunteer to:
- Liaise with Grow Wild
- Support the young person as required (eg, providing access to facilities and equipment, publicity of activities, advice and guidance.)
- Financially responsible for the project with a bank account in the organisation’s name or in the name of the local authority or other public sector body where relevant.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Private businesses that operate for profit and have no social purpose.
- Organisations with a solely commercial purpose.
The funding can be used for a wide range of creative projects that celebrate UK native plants and fungi in exciting and engaging ways.
Projects can start in June and must be completed by 31 October 2022.
To be eligible, projects need to:
- Focus on UK native plants and/or fungi.
- Get other people involved in some way. Aim to share the project with at least 100 people (this can include using online channels).
- Make good use of the £500 grant.
- Have a ‘wow-factor’, be original and come up with something exciting.
The funding can pay for everything needed for the project, including basic materials and equipment to any training that is needed.
How To Apply
Applications are currently being accepted with a deadline of 10am on 25 April 2022.
The application process is as follows:
- Young people make a short video application on their phone or camera and upload it securely.
- They then need to complete the online application form including a link to their video.
Guidelines, the online form and examples of successful projects can all be found on the Grow Wild website.
Contact Grow Wild for further information