Funding is available to sports organisations in Northern Ireland to reduce or remove operating deficits which have arisen in the 2021/22 financial year because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
- £ 50,000
Objectives of Fund
The purpose of the funding programme is to support sports organisations that have been negatively affected by the Covid-19 pandemic in the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022, and that can demonstrate an operating deficit during that period which is attributable in full or in part to Covid-19.
The amount of grant that can be requested will be determined as the projected deficit of the eligible organisation in the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022, but only to the extent to which that deficit is attributable to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The maximum amount of funding available is £50,000.
Exceptionally, a greater amount of funding may be available to eligible organisations that can demonstrate that the deficit attributable to Covid-19 in the financial year is greater than £50,000 and that the organisation requires funding in excess of that sum to stabilise financially. Organisations seeking an amount in excess of £50,000 must contact Sport NI before making an application.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from sports organisations operating in Northern Ireland.
Eligible organisation types include:
- Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport NI and their affiliated entities.
- Constituted local sports clubs affiliated to a Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport NI.
- Community and Voluntary sector organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical recreation as their primary activity.
- NI charities that deliver or enable sport and/or physical recreation as their primary activity.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Local authorities.
- Schools, colleges and universities.
- Commercial sport and physical recreation providers, eg private gyms.
- Leisure operators.
- Individuals who are either employed or self-employed within the sport and physical recreation sector.
The purpose of the funding is to assist sports organisations to emerge and build the foundation necessary to return to a pre-Covid position.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is noon on 28 January 2022.
All applications must be made through Sport NI’s online grant application portal.
Contact Sport NI for further information.