SOLOCOREOGRAFICO is the dance festival and competition dedicated to the choreographic composition for solo dance and dance film.
Where: Torino & Venezia (Italy), Frankfurt (Germany), Lyon (France), Edmond/Oklahoma (U.S.A.), Tunis (Tunisia)
When: 24 – 27. March – 8 PM Teatro Café Müller – Torino, Italy
Deadline for applications: 15th February 2022
Conditions here: www.solocoreografico.com
SOLOCOREOGRAFICO has six different editions in six different cities and five countries, TORINO & VENEZIA (Italy), FRANKFURT (Germany), LYON (France), OKLAHOMA CITY (U.S.A.), TUNIS (Tunisia). There is only one call for all six editions.
- The solo dance festival is open to every style of dance and the choice of the theme and the music is free.
- There is no age limit.
- Criteria to participate: clever and creative use of space and time, the production of an idea through the dance of a single performer.
- Duration: the choreography will have a duration of 8 minutes.
- The choreography can be a work previously showed on stage.
- Each choreographer can participate with only one choreography.
- The choreographer can also be the solo performer.
- Artists who applied or participated in a past edition of Solocoreografico can apply again.
- The festival will be able to select a maximum of 10 choreographies.
- Selected works will be presented during one or more festival editions through the year.
- Stage rehearsals will take place one day previous to the Show.
- A basic light set up will be available. We will, however, try to match your special requests as far as possible.
- The Festival will provide a cachet for each choreography of 250,- € (gross) for one show, 350,- € (gross) for two shows, and hotel accommodation for the selected artists. Travel expenses will not be provided by the Festival.
- Selected artists have free access to the dance workshops during the Festival.
How to apply: Complete the online form at solocoreografico.com
Selected works will be announced by the 20th February 2022 on their web channels.
Costs for participants: Participation is free of charge
For further information, please visit www.solocoreografico.com