Royal London Changemakers Programme
Innovative solutions that help people build financial resilience or support a fair and inclusive transition to net zero
Applications now open!
Does your social venture help people build financial resilience? Or does your organisation help people engage in the societal impact of the move to net zero?
Are you powered by your own lived experience and looking to grow your impact and income from trading?
Royal London and the School for Social Entrepreneurs are looking for innovative, ambitious leaders of social enterprise and social ventures in UK and Ireland that are helping to build financial resilience or supporting a fair and just transition to net zero, and are looking to grow their impact and income from trading.
What are the benefits?
Participants on this programme receive:
- Two years of support, including 1-2-1 expert consultancy, learning sessions and action learning with other social entrepreneurs all tackling financial resilience.
- A grant of £20,000 (€24,000) in the first year, with opportunities to access further funding in years two and three.
- The chance to collaborate, and build a relationship with Royal London to work on building resilience for more people facing life shocks.
You’ll benefit from SSE’s practical learning style and Action Learning approach. No textbooks – just inspiring people who’ve been there and done it and are motivated by social impact.
Is this right for me?
- You are looking to grow the impact of your social impact organisation/social enterprise/social venture.
- You are seeking to build people’s financial resilience through long term solutions (examples of the services you might be providing include: access to the financially excluded, debt management, financial up-skilling, financial tech for good, financial planning solutions. Or other innovative ways of lifting people into financial security).
- Or your social venture develops innovative and original ways to enable organisations, communities or individuals to engage in the societal impact of the move to net zero, to ensure the benefits are shared equally across society.
- Your enterprise is either at an early stage (active for at least one year) and ready to grow income from trading, or more established looking to grow into a new area or develop a new idea.
- You and the majority of your beneficiaries are based in the UK and/or Ireland.
Find out more at an online info session
How to apply
Read these guidance notes for full details of the programme
Accessibility and inclusion
We recognise that discrimination of all sorts infiltrates every part of our society, and we are working hard to counter that wherever we find it. To that end, we actively encourage applications from people of all faiths, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, economic circumstances and backgrounds, as well as those from disabled communities. No educational qualifications are need to join our programmes.
If you require adjustments, including financial support, to take part in the recruitment process or to participate in the programme due to a disability, neurodiversity, caring responsibilities or any other reason, you will be able to provide details in the application form or contact us by phone or email to discuss further.
If you need any of the information about this programme in another format, please let us know – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 905 3547