Theatres Trust’s Theatre Improvement Scheme, in association with the Wolfson Foundation, offers capital funding for theatres.
The theme for the fund for the current three-year partnership is Improving Environmental Sustainability as this is an urgent priority for the sector.
Theatre operators can apply for grants of up to £20,000 towards their building or equipment as part of the scheme.
It is hoped that these grants will support a range of projects that consider different ways theatre buildings can reduce their environmental impact. From sedum roofs to new windows, building management systems to more efficient water heaters, funding will be given to projects that demonstrate how a small intervention can have a big impact.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply to the scheme, applicants must demonstrate that they:
- own or manage theatres with titles or signed leases of more than 5 years on buildings in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- run a year-round programme of live performance, of no less than 30 performances a year
- have a bona fide UK charitable or not-for-profit legal structure and be able to provide certified or audited accounts for at least two years
- operate theatres that achieve excellence through their producing and programming or architectural significance
- Organisations currently in receipt of other grants from the Theatres Trust or the Wolfson Foundation are not eligible to apply.
Deadline 5th September