X-Pollinator is a talent development initiative and network set up to address the lack of gender diversity in the Irish screen industry. CREATOR is a new immersive residential talent development lab for twelve diverse female identifying and non-binary directors based on the island of Ireland. Taking place in Adare, Co. Limerick from Monday 16 to Friday 20 January 2023; participants will work on their own individual projects under the guidance of renowned director Aisling Walsh (MAUDIE, SONG FOR A RAGGY BOY) as lead Creative Mentor as well as participate in group sessions with visiting experts across all aspects of the directing process.
Following the residency, the next phases of CREATOR will be followed up with the chance for participants to work on their skills and test out their projects and ideas with actors in a practical workshop environment. In addition to this, the programme aims to ensure a meaningful handover from development initiative to entry or progression in the industry by facilitating participants in finding shadow directing opportunities, ongoing mentorship for directors and further networking opportunities with industry and producers. Details on these next phases are to be confirmed.
This programme is supported through Screen Ireland’s Screen Stakeholders Funding Scheme
This course is aimed at:
- Female identifying and non-binary directors and writer/directors with a new feature film or television drama project/idea
- Applicants at emerging, early or mid career stage; or returning to the industry
- Applicants who have directed at least one piece of audio-visual work, of any length, as sample of previous work.
- CREATOR actively supports regional talent, with a quota of 50% for talent from or based outside Dublin/Wicklow.
- Priority will be given to talent from all under-represented groups.
- NI applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for the CINE programme.
- CREATOR participants can be former X-Pollinator participants, but do not need to have participated previously.
- As with X-Pollinator’s previous programmes, participation is encouraged from those looking to work in the screen industry with a background in any art form including, but not limited to – visual art, journalism, commercial production, theatre, literature, game development and to those wishing to cross over from different formats such as factual and entertainment, and different roles and departments within the screen industry
- If selected for CREATOR, you will be required to attend the whole programme.
This programme is limited to 12 participants.
Please submit your application here by Friday, 25th November 2022, 5pm.
If you have any questions on the application process, criteria or requirements, please get in touch at email@example.com