Funding is available to drama groups established legally as a drama company, both amateur and professional, including newly established groups, in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland who wish to produce Irish language or bilingual plays.
Applications will be accepted from professional and amateur companies, the public sector and arts organisations.
The following levels of funding are available:
- Professional groups – grants of up to €50,000/£30,000.
- New professional groups – grants of up to €24,000/£16,000.
- Amateur groups – grants of up to €12,000/£8,000.
Funding is to be used for:
- Productions through the medium of Irish or bilingual but with Irish in first position.
- Development of new scripts.
- Development of new plays.
The programme focuses on Irish language drama companies which aim to foster, develop and provide Irish language drama to the arts sector, the Irish language community, the general public and the education sector. The programme also seeks to support the development of community, attendance and audience.
Deadline for Applications: 10 January 2022 (12:00 GMT).