These awards enable individual artists and established music groups (up to 4 members) to travel from Northern Ireland to develop their skills and expertise. Applicants must provide evidence that they have been invited by a host organisation in the country to which they intend to travel.
- Who can apply
Artists of all disciplines and in all types of working practice, who
Have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of one year within the last five years.
- In a limited number of cases, individual technical staff/administrators of professional artistic companies may also be eligible.
- Individual artists, established music groups (up to 4 members) and arts administrators
- Established music groups applying to the scheme should submit a single application. Within the contact details section of the form, they should state the name of the group as well as the name of the primary contact to whom all correspondence will be addressed. Names of all band members should be stated in The History of Artistic Practice submitted with the application, which should be the history of artistic practice for the group as a whole.
- Arts administrators must provide a detailed CV in lieu of a History of Artistic Practice and do not have to provide Artform Support Material (ie, examples of artistic practice) as per Page 10 of the guidance notes.
- Employees of statutory bodies are eligible to apply but they must prove that the funds which they are seeking are for work/costs which are not properly the concern of their employer and do not form part of their professional employment.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that the funds which they are seeking are for work/costs which are not related to their academic study. They must submit evidence of this in the form of a letter on headed paper from their Head of Department. Further detail is on page 14 of the guidance notes.
- In the case of post-graduate students, the letter must clearly state the title of the student’s PhD thesis and include a declaration by the Head of Department that “The project for which funds are being sought does not form part of any academic work undertaken in relation to the above-titled PhD nor will it be assessed as part of any academic course”.
- Applicants undertaking a Masters or a PhD must also include a separate statement which provides information on how the project applied for differs from their Masters or PhD work. Further detail is provided on page 14 of the guidance notes.
Please note: The Arts Council may use its own judgement in determining this matter.
Eligible applicants must also:
- Live in Northern Ireland; and
- Be at least 18 years old and not in secondary education.
How to apply
You must apply using our online system. We will not accept applications in hard copy or by email.
If you feel you have a disability which affects your ability to complete the online application form, please contact the University of Atypical (UoA). The UoA will provide tailored advice and support to D/deaf, disabled and Neurodiverse applicants when submitting application to ACNI Programmes.
Online applications may be edited, saved and returned to up to date of submission. Please note: You must apply at least four weeks before your anticipated date of departure.
You must submit all mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time as your application, ie. they must be uploaded to your online application prior to its submission. These enclosures are listed on the Attachments page within the online application and are detailed in the guidance notes
When you submit your application, you will receive an automated email advising that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the application form and uploaded enclosures four weeks before intended date of travel.
Download Guidance Notes here.
The Travel Awards Scheme is a rolling programme. Applications must be received four weeks before the intended date of travel.
Click here for more info and to apply.