Digital World Premiere: 30 September Available on-demand until 24 October.
Start and End Time: 7:30pm – 8:40pm. Cost: Pay what you can – from £8 to £16.
More information at https://themaclive.com/event/distortion
In a world of politics, nothing could be further from the truth.
When a homophobic government minister resigns in disgrace, a brand-new political party fronted by a photogenic, yet shallow husband and wife team want his once-safe seat.
To secure it, however, they need a jaded electorate’s support.
Enter Jo Devine – out and proud PR guru – hired by the couple for the polish and sheen they need.
But when careers collide with ego and conscience clashes with lies, who wins?
Distortion is a fictional take on PR spin, sexuality, and the personalities jockeying for position in a cutthroat political arena.
Watch the digital world premiere online at 7:30pm on Thursday 30 September, and on-demand until 11:59pm on Sunday 24 October.
Filmed live in the Downstairs Theatre at the MAC.
Writtten by Amanda Verlaque, directed by Rhiann Jeffery and produced by the MAC.
How to book for and watch the digital premiere on Thursday 30 September.
- Click the BOOK NOW button and select Thursday 30 September show.
- Select the price you wish to pay for your ticket using our ‘pay what you can’ options. Follow the basket process through login and payment.
- Following booking, you will receive a confirmation email with the performance viewing link included.
- Your viewing link will be unique and allow you can watch up to 3 times until Sun 24 Oct at 11:59pm
- Viewing is hosted via the MAC’s digital partner platform, OVERTURE+. You won’t be required to download anything to view online, viewing is via a web browser. Click here for OVERTURE+ FAQs.
- Click the link in your confirmation email on Thursday 30 September from 7.20pm – sit back, relax and enjoy the show from the comfort of your own home at 7.30pm.