Foras na Gaeilge – Festivals Scheme
Grants are available for community organisations to develop arts festivals or elements of festivals being run and implemented through the medium of Irish or which the language-based arts are a central part of them.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
- £ 3,500
Objectives of Fund
The Festivals Scheme is aimed at festivals which aim to foster and promote through Irish or bilingually the Irish language, the language-based arts, the indigenous Irish-language arts and Irish language heritage, as an integral part of the festival, and to provide a stage for the Irish language community, to the wider community and to the arts sector.
Grants of up to £3,500/€5,000 are available.
Funding is for festivals taking place between 1 June and 31 December 2022.
Match Funding Restrictions
Foras na Gaeilge will not fund 100% of total festival costs or the Irish language events of the festival.
Applicants must identify a percentage of their total project costs from other sources.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from legally established committees wishing to promote the use of the Irish language.
Organisations will be required to submit the following documents with their application:
- Up to date bank statement in the name of the organisation.
- Current bank mandate.
Depending on the project in question and the value of the funding, the following additional documents must be submitted:
- A constitution or memorandum and articles, as appropriate.
- Safeguarding checklist.
- Public liability insurance.
- Valid ROS tax number or tax clearance certificate.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Legislative organisations and lead organisations.
- Fleánna Ceoil.
- Any application for which canvassing is carried out with any board member or employee of Foras na Gaeilge.
- Events through the medium of English.
- Events during the festival for which funding has already been secured or sought which do not include Irish language events.
Eligible projects and activities include:
- Arts activities through the medium of Irish.
- Opportunities to use the Irish language and Irish language social networks.
- Festivals which have the use of Irish on their programme and their publicity material.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is noon on 25 February 2022.
Guidance notes and the application form are available on the website of Foras na Gaeilge.