KFC Foundation Community Grants Programme
Grants are available to support grassroots organisations providing safe social spaces, mentoring, work, or social skills for young people aged 11 to 25 years old in the UK.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
- £ 2,000
Objectives of Fund
The Foundation aims to fund work that helps young people create firm foundations, by addressing their needs through early intervention.
Grants of up to £2,000 are available.
Who Can Apply
Registered charities, registered community interest companies, unincorporated clubs or associations or unregistered charities in the UK, with a turnover of less than £300,000 can apply.
Applications are welcome from such organisations which:
- Deliver services to one or more of the KFC Foundation’s target groups.
- Have existed for at least 12 months at the time of submission.
- Have a signed constitution/governing documents.
- Have a bank account in its own name with two unrelated signatories/dual authorisation.
- Have an active board of trustees or directors.
- Have a suitable safeguarding policy.
- Are local to a KFC restaurant.
The following organisations are not eligible:
- Uniformed groups such as scouts, guides and sea cadets.
- Statutory bodies such as local authorities.
- Organisations without a governing document.
The following activities will not be considered for funding:
- General fundraising and sponsorship appeals.
- Political campaigns.
- Promotion of religion.
- Sports-based programmes.
- Overseas travel.
- Curricular activities that take place during the school day.
- Repayment of loans.
- Purchase of vehicles.
- Medical equipment.
- Major capital projects.
- Interventions which do not demonstrate long term impact or support.
- Projects focused on “one-off” events such a residentials.
- Generic youth work activities (not tailored towards the Foundation’s priority groups).
The funding is intended for projects and activities which:
- Benefit young people aged 11-25 years old.
- Support those in a position of social disadvantage (i.e. care leavers, those experiencing homelessness, young carers, young parents, young people at risk of or with experience of the criminal justice system).
- Provide spaces that allow young people to feel safe and secure, helping to unlock talent and build life skills, provide mentoring, and improve their chances of gaining meaningful employment.
- Empower all young people to fulfil their potential and build a positive future.
- Will demonstrate positive results within 12 months of the receipt of funding.
How To Apply
This fund is currently open. The deadline to submit an expression of interest is 13 March 2022.
There are two stages to the application process:
- Expression of Interest:
- Applicants should first submit a two minute video about their organisation.
- Applicants should then complete and submit an Expression of Interest form, via the link on the KFC Foundation’s website.
- Successful groups will be notified of their outcome and invited to complete a full application by 28 March 2022. The deadline for stage two applications is 24 April 2022.
Guidance notes are available on the KFC Foundation’s website – Click Here.