The Lyric, Belfast are delighted to announce they are now accepting submissions to make new work with them. Artists of all backgrounds and all levels of experience can apply whether you’ve completed a first draft of your play or you’re still at the idea stage. They are accepting proposals from UK and RoI artists aged 18+ who are interested in making new work for theatre, but are open to what form that could take – it could be a live, site specific, audio, digital or hybrid experience. As The Lyric Theatre is based in Belfast, they will be prioritising submissions from Northern Irish or Northern Ireland resident artists.
As part of this open call, they are also welcoming submissions for the next iteration of our New Playwrights Programme.
They are doing things a bit differently this year.
Lyric are opening submissions to artists of all levels of experience and inviting them to reflect on what kind of support they would find most helpful at this stage of their projects, at this stage of their careers.
They are accepting submissions for our New Playwrights Programme but are also offering a range of other supports in order to benefit a wider range of projects and a wider range of artists.
This could be, but is not limited to:
- Free space to write, devise or collaborate
- A development day/rehearsed reading of your play
- Facilitated research – perhaps with an academic or an expert in a field that isn’t theatre
- Facilitated mentorship – perhaps with a designer, a choreographer or other experienced theatre practitioner to explore how your idea could be developed
- Written feedback or a conversation with a dramaturg
- A seed commission to get your idea to a first draft/scratch presentation stage
- New Playwrights Programme
For further details on how to submit, what to submit, and our submissions criteria please read their Submissions Guidelines.
The deadline for submissions is 12 noon on Monday 28th February 2022.
Click Here to Apply