Open Borders is The Place’s programme for recent graduate and early career dance makers.
Mon 22 – Fri 26 March 2021
Deadline: Fri 19 March at 4pm.
- It aims to create space for learning and reflection, providing an alternative, supported platform from which to investigate what it means to be an artist.
- Open Borders will offer practical advice and information as well as inspiration and, hopefully, hope.
- The programme consists of talks, workshops, conversations and a streamed performance.
- It will happen mostly online, and those that would like to join will need to complete a short form in order to take part. This form will allow The Place to see where you are joining them from and the range of experiences that will be in the ‘room’ – it is not a test and anyone that can demonstrate they are interested in making dance will be invited to join the programme.
- Open Borders is for people wanting to make dance. You do not need to only be making dance, lots of dance makers work as performers or do other things alongside making work, but you do need to want to make your own work. For people who are looking only to perform – this is not the programme for you.
What do you need to do to take part?
- You will need to complete a Sign Up Form and you should aim to take part in the whole programme.
- You will need internet access for most of the programme, and there will be some moving involved so ideally you should have a space to be able to move around a bit.
- All Zoom events will be captioned. There is limited capacity so if you sign up then please make sure you can attend all of the programme.