Are you an emerging stage director or dramaturge?
ETC is looking for emerging theatre artists (particularly stage directors and dramaturges) to join in the seventh edition of the ETC Artists in Residence Programme, offering placements of 4 to 8 weeks at ETC Member Theatres.
This unique opportunity will allow you to;
- Gain insights into different methods of making theatre.
- Discover the creative process, daily routine and structures at a European public theatre.
- Engage in international collaboration.
- Foster new perspectives in European theatre.
- Develop and share your work as a theatre artist on the European stage.
Who can apply?
The call is open to theatre artists (particularly stage directors and dramaturges) at an early stage of their career, with relevant experience and knowledge of working in the theatre industry. Applicants should be independent, proactive and motivated to develop their skills through observation and engagement with their host theatre.
If you are successful in your application for the ETC Artists in Residence Programme, your personal presence throughout the entire programme is required, including at the ETC International Theatre Conference in Nova Gorica (Slovenia), from 19-21 April 2024.
What does the Artists in Residence programme include?
- Residency in one of the participating theatres with mentoring;
- Travel grant from your hometown to the theatre within Europe and countries participating in the EU Programme Creative Europe (up to €300);
- Accommodation during the time of the residency in the city of the theatre;
- Financial contribution to your local expenses (subject to the actual period of stay);
- Participation in the ETC International Theatre Conference in Nova Gorica (Slovenia), April 2024 (including travel, per diems and accommodation).
- The Artists in Residence programme does not offer a paid position in the participating theatres and you will be asked to arrange and cover your own health insurance for the duration of the residency.
Where are the Artists in Residence 2024 placements?
ETC is offering six residency placements at our following Member Theatres:
- Teatro Municipal Sá de Miranda (Portugal/Viana do Castelo)
- Göteborgs Stadsteater / Backa Teater (Sweden/Gothenburg)
- Slovak National Drama Theatre (Slovakia/Bratislava)
- Deutsches Theater Berlin (Germany/Berlin)
- Slovensko Narodno Gledališče Nova Gorica (Slovenia/Nova Gorica)
- National Theatre of Kosovo (Kosovo/Prishtina)
During the application, you will be asked to select the two placements that would interest you the most.
Deadline for applications 29th October