Funding and specialist support are available for UK social entrepreneurs to help them develop bold ideas and sustainable solutions that will help build people’s financial resilience or help people engage in the societal impact of the move to net zero.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
- £ 20,000
Objectives of Fund
Through the Changemakers programme Royal London provides funding and support to social entrepreneurs to create, develop and invest in bold ideas and sustainable solutions.
In 2022 the programme is targeting its support to social ventures which:
- Help people build financial resilience.
- Help people engage in the societal impact of the move to net zero.
Through the programme ten social enterprises and ten individuals will receive:
- Two years of support, including 1-2-1 expert consultancy, learning sessions and action learning with other social entrepreneurs all tackling financial resilience.
- A grant of £20,000 in the first year, with opportunities to access further funding in years two and three.
- The chance to collaborate, and build a relationship with Royal London to work on building resilience for more people facing life shocks.
The Changemakers programme will commence in September 2022.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from social entrepreneurs based in the United Kingdom.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be a leader of a social enterprise working to build people’s financial resilience, or to enable a fair and inclusive transition to net zero.
- Have a venture which has been active for at least one year, even if not yet able to trade.
- Have a governing document.
- Be serving people resident in the United Kingdom.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Private benefit that is not ‘incidental’.
- Assets over £1,000 in value, including refurbishment of buildings or purchase of vehicles.
- Retrospective costs.
- Costs associated with the application or interview.
- Expenditure outside the UK.
- Anything that would create religious or ethnic discord or would support illegal activities.
Funding and support are intended to help social enterprises grow and develop in order to deliver the following types of initiatives:
- Build people’s financial resilience through long term solutions. Examples of such services may include:
- Access to the financially excluded.
- Debt management.
- Financial up-skilling.
- Financial tech for good.
- Financial planning solutions.
- Other innovative ways of lifting people into financial security.
- Develop innovative and original ways to enable organisations, communities or individuals to engage in the societal impact of the move to net zero, to ensure the benefits are shared equally across society.
Eligible costs and activities include:
- The applicant’s salary or staff salaries to support the applicant’s attendance of the programme, or to support the development of the venture.
- Developing new products or services.
- Marketing and publicity, eg developing a website to support trading.
- Travel and subsistence costs, including for attending the programme.
- Supplementary training for the applicant or others, directly relevant to the venture.
- Other costs relevant to developing the venture or putting learning into practice.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is 1pm on 17 May 2022.
The online application form and guidance notes can be found on the School for Social Entrepreneurs website.
Contact School for Social Entrepreneurs for further information.