The Marie Mullen Bursary is an annual award for female theatre artists working in Ireland in the fields of design, directing and dramaturgy.
Named in honour of actor and Druid co-founder, Marie Mullen, the bursary is intended to address the historic imbalance of female representation in theatre and to support the professional development of women in Irish theatre.
The bursary is open to female designers, directors and dramaturgs who have a proven commitment to Irish theatre and are currently residing on the island of Ireland.
This bursary provides a female theatre artist with the time, physical resources and mentoring necessary to support their work.
What does the bursary winner win?
- A residency with Druid on a upcoming mainstage production
- A one-to-one session with Marie Mullen on working in the theatre industry
- Mentoring opportunities with theatre professionals
- For directors and dramaturgs, a contract to act as dramaturg or director for a Druid Debut
- Opportunities to engage with the Druid Ensemble Opportunities to attend FUEL and Druid Academy workshops and events
- A bursary award of €2,000
Who can apply?
Female artists who currently reside on the island of Ireland
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2024 bursary will open on Monday 4 September 2023 and close on Friday 29 September 2023