The Space, London are now considering theatre work for their Winter Season (December 2023 onwards).
If you would be like to be considered for their Winter Season, the deadline to submit an application is midnight on Friday 11th of August.
They accept proposals from new, emerging and established theatre-makers. Work will only be programmed if it is/will be ready to stage, rather than work in development. It is expected expect you to have/be able to recruit your own creative team, although we can provide support to livestream your show.
They particularly encourage:
- Theatre (in all its forms).
- A good narrative
- Pieces that have at least 45 minutes and no more than 3 hours in running time.
- Social relevance (a reason the story should be told).
- First runs/shows that haven’t performed in London before.
They enjoy listening to theatre-makers about the work that they want to create and are open to proposals on all subject matter. The following is a list of some of the themes and topics they think would be interesting to explore this Winter:-
- Magic Realism
- Classics Retold
- Predicting The Future
- Remembering Old Homes, Finding New Ones
- Political Upheaval
- Stories From Other Animals
- Box office splits and no upfront hire costs
- Full live-streaming kit and support, with recordings of your production
- Free rehearsal space, subject to availability
- Marketing and production meetings and support
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- A full box office service (online, phone and door sales)
- Entry on their website, social media and fortnightly e-newsletters
- A unique performance venue situated in a Grade II listed building
“The Space is hands down the most welcoming venue in London. Whether you are emerging or more established, they can’t do enough to support you and your work. They have a totally fair and transparent attitude to money which, as a small company, has mattered so much to us over the years.”