What is the Tyrone Guthrie Residential Residency?
Dance Ireland and the Tyrone Guthrie Centre continue their partnership to offer an opportunity to a dance artist to undertake a two-week residency in Annaghmakerrig in 2022.
This call is open to professional members of Dance Ireland and is an opportunity to give dedicated time and space to focus on the development of a new performance work, either alone or in collaboration. In addition to full-board and lodging for up to 2 people (maximum), the award covers access to the dance studio at Annaghmakerrig and a fund of €1,000 to cover travel, time with another artist or materials. You can find out more information about Tyrone Guthrie Centre, the opportunity and past recipients here.
How to apply
- Fill out the online application form here
- Submit by email links to examples of your work which has been professionally produced to date, and your CV along with any collaborator CVs to the firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date with the subject line ‘[APPLICANT NAME] – Tyrone Guthrie Residency Application 2022 Supporting Material’.
- All applicants must be a Dance Ireland Professional or Organisation member. To become a Dance Ireland member you must be either born or resident in Ireland. See more about membership here.
- Collective/Collaborative applications will be accepted, however all members of a group must be current Dance Ireland members.
- You must have a track record as a dance maker (minimum of 1 professionally presented work), and/or demonstrate you are at a particularly crucial stage in your development as a dance maker.
- The successful recipient must be willing to share their research and experience with Dance Ireland and its members in a format agreeable to all partners.
- Any future works arising out of this residency will acknowledge the support of both Dance Ireland and the Tyrone Guthrie Centre.
Deadline for receipt of applications and supporting materials is Wednesday 23 February 2022 at 10 am. Decisions will be communicated by mid-March.
Proposals will be considered by a panel convened by Dance Ireland and the Tyrone Guthrie Centre. For further information on Dance Ireland’s programme, check out: www.danceireland.ie and for further information on Tyrone Guthrie Centre, Annaghmakerrig: www.tyroneguthrie.ie.