The MAC now seek to make the following appointment: Customer Service Supervisor – Part Time Permanent
Contract: Part Time Permanent Salary: £10.00 per hour Hours: 30 hours per week
- Working for an award-winning organisation that values creativity
- ‘Getting to know the MAC’ tickets – your path to becoming an insider
- 35% staff discount in the café bar
- Membership of Inspire employee assistance programme
- Employer pension contributions
- Free Flu jab
Main Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Operation Team Leaders, this person will be responsible for ensuring that all customers and visitors to the MAC receive the highest standard of service and quality, and that events run smoothly from start to finish. They will ensure the highest possible standards of safety, stewarding, sales and service to MAC visitors, from the welcome on arrival to the farewell on departure.
The post holder will be responsible for handling facility/venue-related queries and ensuring that performances can commence, resume and conclude in an organised, timely manner. The post holder will be able to work flexibly across the galleries, theatres, café bar, events and workshops, ensuring a consistently high level of service to all areas.
Successful applicants will be expected to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts subject to performance schedule. They will be cross-trained across all frontline roles including hires and event catering, Café/Bar, ticket sales, ushering, distributing programs, coat check, wayfinding, general information, welcoming groups, acting as a gallery invigilator, retail sales, and other duties as assigned.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade C or above
- 2 years’ experience of working within a customer-facing environment including directly dealing with members of the public. E.g., Bar, Restaurant, hotels, retail, cinema, theatres
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers and members of the public
- Experience of providing a smooth efficient service to a range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience of, and interest in, theatre and arts
- Experience of working in a high-quality hospitality environment/corporate event
- Sales experience to include handling cash and proactively selling to customers
Please read the information in the job description and send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments in Word or PDF format only (we cannot accept links to online CVs, profiles, document downloads or psd files etc):
- Your CV, no more than 2 A4 pages long, including your name, home address, email, and contact number
- A cover letter, no more than 500 words long, outlining why you’re a suitable candidate for the Customer Service Supervisor role based on the criteria in the job description. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer.
A completed equal opportunity monitoring form.
Deadline for applications Thursday 15 September 2022 at 12 noon
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you put all relevant info on your CV.
Interviews will take place W/C 19 September 2022.
Please note that the MAC are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, they may not be able to give you an alternative.
The MAC are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The MAC particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, people with health conditions or impairments, LGBTQI+ and other candidates who are under-represented across the workforce.